Procedure for updating GHC submodule pointer to Cabal

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Thu Jul 3 13:45:02 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am working on module reexports (https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/8407)
and this functionality requires concurrent changes to GHC and Cabal.
However, GHC is currently tracking 1.20, but Cabal HEAD has marched on.

My question is, if I am to do this development on HEAD, what is the
standard operating procedure for retargeting GHC to a recent version of
Cabal?  Of course I have to go and validate the build, but are there
any other considerations? Is this recorded anywhere?

Thanks,
Edward