Upper bound on "time" in Cabal causes build failure

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr at gnu.org
Sat Dec 20 10:21:15 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-17 at 11:14:36 +0100, Erik Hesselink wrote:
> It would perhaps be worth it for someone with the right permissions to
> edit the (five) old versions on hackage, and add upper bounds. That
> way cabal install wouldn't use this very old version assuming it works
> (it probably doesn't).

FYI: I've added add a couple of base<4.2 constraints (as GHC
6.12/base-4.2 was the oldest GHC I had installed to prove that Cabal<1.4
is incompatible with base-4.2 ; probably base<4 would be correct as
well, but I have no proof for that)

That should keep Cabal<1.4 versions out of GHC 7.x install-plans...

Cheers,
  hvr