Getting Cabal 1.2[12] ready for GHC 7.10.1 RC1

Luite Stegeman stegeman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 15:54:15 UTC 2014

Status update:

All functionality from the ghcjs Cabal branch is now in pull requests
[1] [2]. I have changed a few things in the GHCJS command line options
(more consistent with GHC now), and GHCJS produces library archives
(libHSpackage.js_a) for packages now, which makes GHCJS easier and
more similar to GHC to deal with, and provides a better upgrade path
if we need to store information in the future.

I've updated the GHCJS master branch for this, and also the ghcjs
branch of our fork [3] . Anyone upgrading their GHCJS should first
update their Cabal. Use `ghcjs-boot --dev --clean` to upgrade the boot
libraries.

luite

[1] https://github.com/haskell/cabal/pull/2269
[2] https://github.com/haskell/cabal/pull/2273