Announcing cabal 1.20

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 11:42:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On behalf of all the cabal contributors, I'm proud to announce cabal 1.20.
With 404 commits since the 1.18 release, this is a feature packed release.
Here's a short summary of the perhaps most notable changes:

 * Dependency freezing
 * Parallel cabal build
 * Flag to temporary ignore upper bounds
 * Unnecessary re-linking avoidance
 * Streaming cabal test output
 * New cabal exec command
 * Haddock configuration options

I did a longer write-up about the new features on my blog:
http://blog.johantibell.com/2014/04/announcing-cabal-120.html

## Contributors

Here are the contributors for this release, ordered by number of commits:

 * Mikhail Glushenkov
 * Johan Tibell
 * Duncan Coutts
 * Thomas Tuegel
 * Ian D. Bollinger
 * Ben Armston
 * Niklas Hambüchen
 * Daniel Trstenjak
 * Tuncer Ayaz
 * Herbert Valerio Riedel
 * Tillmann Rendel
 * Liyang HU
 * Dominic Steinitz
 * Brent Yorgey
 * Ricky Elrod
 * Geoff Nixon
 * Florian Hartwig
 * Bob Ippolito
 * Björn Peemöller
 * Wojciech Danilo
 * Sergei Trofimovich
 * Ryan Trinkle
 * Ryan Newton
 * Roman Cheplyaka
 * Peter Selinger
 * Niklas Haas
 * Nikita Karetnikov
 * Nick Smallbone
 * Mike Craig
 * Markus Pfeiffer
 * Luke Iannini
 * Luite Stegeman
 * John Lato
 * Jens Petersen
 * Jason Dagit
 * Gabor Pali
 * Daniel Velkov
 * Ben Millwood

Apologies if someone was left out. Once in a while we have to make commits
on behalf of an author. Those authors are not captured above.

Enjoy,
  Johan