What's next?

Yuri de Wit ydewit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 00:52:23 CEST 2013

fyi, below you can find an expanded list of related links.

I do appreciate the new sandboxing feature in 1.18 and I think it is a
great feature, but it is not addressing the core issue here: adding support
for multiple instances of the same version. It also seems to me that
supporting this would be a relatively low hanging fruit that could have a
big impact to the whole ecosystem once addressed. So why not address it? I
don't have enough exposure to Ghc or Cabal to make a difference here, now
(what is needed is an elaboration of the issues together with a minimal
solution), but I would be willing to participate in a supporting role
(testing, reviewing, and minor bug fixes).

GSoC 2012 - Enable GHC to use multiple instances of a package for
compilation - Philipp Schuster

GHC Commentary

Mailing list