Patch for Cabal

Dominic Steinitz dominic at
Mon Sep 2 19:23:17 CEST 2013

Hi Duncan,

I finally finished off the patch for I was working on with your help at ZuriHac.

It's in my fork of cabal here:

I am not sure what to do next. How should we test it? We need to make sure it doesn't break anything and also that it actually fixes the problem.

Curses! I just forgot I don't check which version of cabal is being used so that we pass the old style --constraint rather than the new style --dependency for old cabals.

Before I fix that, perhaps you wouldn't mind thinking about testing and also have a look at the code to make sure I haven't done something stupid.

Dominic Steinitz
dominic at