Feature Idea: --no-remote-fetching flag

Erik Hesselink hesselink
Tue Oct 8 20:08:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Adam Foltzer <acfoltzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like for there to be a both a command line flag and a
>> ~/.cabal/config setting (there isn't one already, is there?)
>
> Please let me know if this is the case! I have combed through the docs and
> not found anything yet.

We do something like this, though it's not quite the same. We have two
'remote-repo' lines in our cabal config, one for the regular hackage,
and one internal. For branch sandboxes, we remove the second one (this
is using cabal-dev) to only build our own packages from source.

But as said, this is using cabal-dev. I just thought I'd mention it as
a use case: removing one remote-repo while keeping another. I'm not
sure how cabal sandboxes handle remote-repo configuration lines in a
cabal.config in the sandbox. Do they add or override?

Regards,

Erik