sandbox hashcode in dist directory

Tim Docker tim at
Sun Nov 10 22:26:31 UTC 2013

I'm attempting to use ghc-mod and emacs to get on the fly compiling
working again. This is always pleasing when it works,
but it seems a never ending challenge to get it to find all my
dependences :-(

Several of my cabal packages require autogenerated code which used to
end up in dist/build/autogen. ghc-mod is configured to
search this directory, as per:

However since starting to use cabal sandboxes, the generated code ends
up in a directory like this:

What is this hashcode for? Is it always generated when using a sandbox?
If I have code (like ghc-mod) that needs to access the
build directory, how do I work out the value of the hashcode?