patch applied (hackage-server): "Build docs for most recent packages first"

devnull at community.haskell.org devnull at community.haskell.org
Sat Aug 17 13:45:14 CEST 2013

Sat Aug 17 12:28:28 BST 2013  Edsko de Vries <edsko at well-typed.com>
  * Build docs for most recent packages first
  Ignore-this: 2eeb53a1f5b1c583f1a28972ef2811a4

  This is a slightly subtle change to the doc builder: before the patch, we would
  find all packages that needed their docs build and then order them so that we
  would build the docs for the most recent packages first. However, this meant
  that if package A already had docs for its most recent version and package B
  did not, we would build the docs for A's second-most-recent version before
  building B's most recent version. Now, we *first* sort the list of packages so
  that we consider the most recent version of each package first and only THEN
  filter them by those versions that need their docs built.

    M ./BuildClient.hs -10 +13