[Hackage] #924: symlink-bindir does not play nice with program-suffix

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Fri Mar 9 09:39:58 CET 2012

#924: symlink-bindir does not play nice with program-suffix
  Reporter:  guest               |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:  1.14.0
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:  symlink-bindir program-suffix
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:  7.4.1
  Platform:  Linux               |
Changes (by kosmikus):

  * milestone:  => cabal-install-0.16

 I am actually not sure what was the intention here. Installing the binary
 with the suffix seems the right thing to do. For the symlink, I don't
 know. I think both makes sense in certain situations. In particular,
 creating the symlink without a suffix makes sense in the case that you
 install multiple variants of one program with different suffixes and want
 the symlink to point to whatever is your current default variant.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/924#comment:1>