Hackage trac account

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:52:58 CET 2012

All,

I've decided to take a different approach to restoring accounts on the
trac. I've deleted them all!

So all you need to do is register a new account. You can reuse your
previous username.

This might seem a bit radical but actually it should be easier for
people to re-register than to reset the passwords on existing
accounts. As Andres noticed, the email feature in the hackage trac
just does not work. I've spent a little while on a couple occasions
tring to find out why but with no luck (we seem to have exactly the
same config as the ghc trac which does work).

I have also enabled a captcha for account registration. So hopefully
that'll reduce the number of spammers registering accounts. (Deleting
all the accounts also got rid of the accounts spammers had already
registered).

I've added a note to this effect on the wiki front page, so hopefully
it'll be clear.

Duncan