patch: --enable-tests and --only-dependencies

Thomas Tuegel ttuegel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:47:51 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Andres Löh <andres at well-typed.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the patches. I'll take a closer look. One minor issue
> that's rather unfortunate is that you need a (minor) change to Cabal,
> not only cabal-install. For practical purposes, we're going to aim for
> a cabal-install release in the not too distant future, but IMHO it
> should work with the Cabal version that's shipped with ghc-7.4.1 and
> not require another upgrade there.

I modified Cabal to avoid code duplication. I didn't know about the
upcoming cabal-install release. I'm attaching a new patch bundle that
doesn't modify Cabal. (These supersede the last set of patches I
sent.) The only difference is a small change in
Distribution.Client.Types.

> Did you have to adapt the install-plan checker in any way?

Yes. It also needs to respect the constraints, i.e., configure
packages with '--enable-tests' as appropriate, or it will complain
that the install plan pulls in extra dependencies.

--
Thomas Tuegel