New cabal-install release (and schedule) needed

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at
Mon Aug 27 19:35:47 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov
> <the.dead.shall.rise at> wrote:
>> One question: why freeze both master and stable instead of only stable?
> I should have been clearer, sorry. At release, stable starts tracking what
> was the master branch. It doesn't freeze as such (although I'd be astonished
> if we ever cut a release from the stable branch in the few weeks while
> master was frozen);

So the idea is that stable always corresponds to the latest stable
release. Will there be a branch where active development happens while
master is frozen?

/\   - against proprietary attachments