hackage-server memory requirements

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:17:46 CEST 2011

On 25 October 2011 23:18, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:
> What kind[1] of heap profile would be most useful. (In my experience
> -hy or -hd are the most informative).

Either of those sound reasonable.

>> I'd like to try do this out
>> myself, but I can't mirror Hackage without hitting the usage limits on
>> my internet connection :-).
>
> Speaking of which, how large is Hackage?

Good question! A check shows that the sum of the sizes of the .tar.gz
files gives 1269M. However, this neglects the documentation, build
logs etc. The total size of the "archive" directory is 13GB, though
this would be much less if we were to gzip the documentation first.

Actually this is not as much as I thought, so I might be able to try
out a local mirror after all.

Max