cabal bench implemented

Simon Meier iridcode at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:37:11 CEST 2011

Hi Johan,

I tried out the new interface on the example you give in the
documentation. However, it was missing the 'time' dependency. This is
fixed in the attached patch. There was also a small typo in the
explanation of '--enable-benchmarks'; also fixed in attached patch.

I have two open questions:

* Is the >= 1.9.2 interface the right interface? From the changelog, I
would assume that it is already public and contains the test-suite
support only.

* It would be cool to have a 'cabal bench' command that builds and
executes the benchmarks.

However, even being able to build the benchmarks easily makes my life
already a lot simpler. Thanks for the work.

best regards,
Simon