Section name clash checks in PackageDescription/Check.hs

Thomas Tuegel ttuegel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 21:43:06 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the latter is wrong. I think the executable, test suite, and
> benchmark names should live in the same namespace and the package (and thus
> library) name should be in a different one. Do you agree? If we all agreed
> then I will remove the check for test suites/library name clashes above and
> add a check that checks all pairs of executable, test suite, and benchmark
> names.

Synopsis: We can get rid of the check, but we'll need a more clever
naming scheme for the fake packages used to register libraries for
detailed test suites.

The detailed test suites are built as libraries and registered in
place so the test stubs can be linked against them. This is the same
as what Cabal does for regular libraries and executables so that an
executable can depend on a library provided by the same package. To
register the library, we have to create a fake package. Right now,
that package is named after the test suite, so if a test suite has the
same name as the library, we really will have a name clash.

--
Thomas Tuegel