R.e: Including object files in Cabal packages

Dave Tapley dukedave at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:45:48 CEST 2011

I know it's going a long way back, but did you ever find a resolution to this?
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cabal-devel/2009-June/005396.html

Context: In my project the compilation of the C++ takes a long time
(I'm working on wxHaskell) and I'm trying to avoid having to rebuild
everything each time I make a change to the library. I've already
written some code which will filter my "c-sources" of files which
haven't changed since the last build (it uses gcc -M [1] for
dependency tracking and stores the modified times in a file; I know,
gcc dependant, I'm sorry).
So now it doesn't recompile .cpps unless it has to, and all the .o
files are sat waiting to be linked in "/dist/build/src/cpp/", but, of
course they are not linked in to the library because they aren't in
"c-sources".

Dave,

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Invocation.html