cabal-install comment typo

Jens Petersen petersen at haskell.org
Tue Feb 1 16:44:55 CET 2011

On 1 February 2011 20:23, Duncan Coutts <duncan at community.haskell.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-01-30 at 21:09 +1000, Jens Petersen wrote:
>> Great, thanks.  (I already put it into Fedora's development tree
>> since I got tired of binlib packages not getting dynamically linked...:)
>
> Ok, so my next question is whether this is critical for the next 1.10.x
> release or whether we can let it sit in head for a bit. I don't think
> any other platforms are yet doing full dynamically linked builds. For
> most users, doing --enable-dynamic is going to fail because all the
> dependent libs are not build dynamically (much like the problem people
> have with profiling libs not being tracked).

Well I was wondering the same...  Of course it would be nice to see it
in some 1.10.x release, but if it is only needed by Fedora then
we can probably carry it as a patch for now. I am not sure if all
the potential code paths have been tested, though so far it "worksforme".
Anyway it is probably sensible to leave it for ghc-7.0.3 or later
at this point. :)

(For my next trick I want to teach ghc to be able to live without
static libraries (so that --disable-library-vanilla will actually
be useful): I think that it still doesn't like missing static libs?)

> Thanks. Applied to head for now.

:-)

Thanks, Jens