[Hackage] #43: for Hugs executable install, dependencies need to be taken into account for the generated script (was: for Hugs executable install, the Extensions probably need to be taken into account for the generated script)

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Mon Oct 18 19:28:55 EDT 2010

#43: for Hugs executable install, dependencies need to be taken into account for
the generated script
  Reporter:  ijones         |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal         |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  normal         |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                 |

Old description:

> See the FIX (HUGS) in Install.hs:installHugs around line 209.
>
> When we generate the runhugs command, we should not only use the
> hcOptions, but also taken into account what extensions are listed in the
> .cabal file (extensionToHugsFlag).

New description:

 See the TODO in Hugs.hs:installHugs around line 209.

 When we generate the runhugs command, we should not only use the options
 and language extensions for this package but also all those of packages
 that this executable depends on. This is because hugs has no notion of
 package, so we have to use the union of all flags/extensions and just prey
 that they are compatible.

--

Comment(by duncan):

 {{{
 Mon Oct 18 18:56:47 BST 2010  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
   * Add hugs support for the languages and extensions fields
   Incidentally, should fixe ticket #43.
 }}}
 Previous issue fixed, but there's still an issue with the dependencies.
 Description updated.

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/43#comment:1>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>