[Hackage] #199: when installing a new version of GHC, there should be a way to upgrade my packages

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Mon May 10 02:01:48 EDT 2010

#199: when installing a new version of GHC, there should be a way to upgrade my
packages
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  guest               |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement         |       Status:  closed
Ghcversion:  6.8.2               |     Platform:  Linux
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Changes (by duncan):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Patch applied along with a couple patches to move the code around and a
 slight change in behaviour.

 This will need user testing and feedback to see if the behaviour works OK
 in practice and if people find it useful.

 I'm not totally convinced about the file format yet, though it'll do for
 now. I suspect we'll need to add more config items than version and flags.
 Perhaps we need to use a format more like the config file and allow
 additional fields for each package (e.g. lib dirs etc etc).

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/199#comment:11>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>