[Hackage] #689: Package checker shouldn't warn about deprecated extensions inside conditionals

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Tue Jun 22 11:14:07 EDT 2010

#689: Package checker shouldn't warn about deprecated extensions inside
conditionals
  Reporter:  guest          |        Owner:
      Type:  defect         |       Status:  closed
Ghcversion:                 |     Platform:
Changes (by duncan):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

Comment:

 The warning is correct and safe. You can use `ScopedTypeVariables`. It has
 been supported in ghc since ghc-6.4 (which is the earliest version of ghc
 supported by cabal).

 In the other example of a deprecated extension, you can use the new
 extension name with the older ghc versions because cabal translates to the
 old alias. With future deprecations we must be careful to do the same or
 otherwise not to recommend incorrect solutions. I've added a note about
 this to the deprecation list.

--
Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/689#comment:3>
Hackage <http://haskell.org/cabal/>