[Hackage] #538: --constraint= is not respected for base

Hackage cvs-ghc at haskell.org
Fri Jul 23 16:08:55 EDT 2010

#538: --constraint= is not respected for base
  Reporter:  Saizan              |        Owner:
      Type:  defect              |       Status:  new
 Component:  cabal-install tool  |      Version:
  Severity:  normal              |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  unknown             |   Ghcversion:
  Platform:                      |
Changes (by duncan):

  * component:  Cabal library => cabal-install tool

 The problem is in the cabal-install constraint solver. We handle packages
 like base specially (base 3 depends on base 4). We do it by whenever we
 select one we also select the other. However clearly at the end when we
 pick one we're ignoring some constraint.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/538#comment:1>