New Cabal FAQ

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Sat Mar 21 17:44:04 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I should have done this ages ago but there's now a Cabal FAQ on the
Cabal website:

It's not linked in yet, I'm looking for feedback and patches. The Cabal
website is now maintained in darcs so it's easy to send in

darcs get

For new pages like the FAQ I've been using markdown via pandoc. If
appropriate we can migrate old pages to use that too.

The main Cabal home page needs some love. We should have the
cabal-install download directly on the front page. We should have quick
intro tutorials for using the cabal command line program to install
packages. There's lots of good material in the user guide but it is not
well sign-posted.