patch applied (cabal-install): Make the documentation toggle determine if we make the haddock index

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 6 21:42:13 EDT 2009

Mon Jul  6 18:30:30 PDT 2009  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Make the documentation toggle determine if we make the haddock index
  Previously the --haddock-index=template flag controled both the
  template used and whether it's used at all. When no path was set
  then it was not used. The problem with that is that since we are
  not enabling this feature by default then the default is blank.
  That is the default config file would look like:
  -- haddock-index:
  which doesn't help anyone discover what it means or what a
  sensible setting would be. By having a separate toggle to
  enable/disable we can have a default for the index file which
  makes it easy to discover in the config file:
  -- documentation: False
  -- doc-index-file: $datadir/doc/index.html
  All the user has to do is uncomment the first line and use True.

    M ./Distribution/Client/Install.hs -3 +4
    M ./Distribution/Client/Setup.hs -3 +6

View patch online:
http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install/_darcs/patches/20090707013030-adfee-a9d8029db0bfe18acc1ceb45f6d9bec3ac017fa7.gz