Announce: Yi 0.5.0.1

Jean-Philippe Bernardy bernardy at chalmers.se
Wed Oct 8 11:09:32 EDT 2008

... cabal issues on Yi install ...

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Christian Maeder
<Christian.Maeder at dfki.de> wrote:
> Yes, this started working until:
>
> Resolving dependencies...
> 'unix-compat-0.1.2.1' is cached.
> Configuring unix-compat-0.1.2.1...
> Preprocessing library unix-compat-0.1.2.1...
> Building unix-compat-0.1.2.1...
>
> System/PosixCompat/Files.hsc:83:7:
>    Could not find module `System.Time':
>      it is a member of package old-time-1.0.0.0, which is hidden
> unix-compat-0.1.2.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
> exit: ExitFailure 1

I don't understand this: unix-compat depends on old-time
(if I trust http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/unix-compat-0.1.2.1),
so this should be made visible by cabal.

There might be an issue with pre-processing, but that's beyond my
cabal knowledge.

Maybe some cc'ed wizards can help :)

Cheers,
-- JP