patch applied (cabal): Relax dependencyInconsistencies to allow the base-3, 4 thing

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Thu Oct 2 03:47:44 EDT 2008

Thu Oct  2 00:41:42 PDT 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at>
  * Relax dependencyInconsistencies to allow the base-3,4 thing
  Previously we said a package graph was inconsistent if two
  dependencies on the same package name specified different
  versions. Now we say that two such dependencies on different
  versions are ok if there is a direct dependency between those
  two package versions. So if your package graph ends up with
  both base 3 and base 4 in it, then that's ok because base 3
  directly depends on base 4, so we declare it not to be an
  inconsistency. This removes the scary warnings at configure
  time (fixing ticket #366) and also adjusts the invariant and
  assertion of the InstallPlan ADT in cabal-install.

    M ./Distribution/Simple/PackageIndex.hs -4 +20

View patch online: