[Hackage] #189: Handle framework paths (-F) in Cabal

Hackage trac at galois.com
Fri Jan 4 12:49:47 EST 2008

#189: Handle framework paths (-F) in Cabal
  Reporter:  guest          |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement    |       Status:  new
Ghcversion:  6.8.2          |     Platform:  Mac OS
Comment (by duncan):

 I don't know much about frameworks, could someone tell me:

  1. How are framework paths supposed to be found generally?
  1. Are their locations fixed or do their location vary from one machine
 to the next?
  1. Are frameworks versioned?
  1. Can we find frameworks at configure time rather than failing at link

 If framework paths vary from one machine to another then putting
 "framework-dirs:" in the .cabal file would not make a lot of sense. If
 they cannot be found automatically and require extra information from the
 user then perhaps it should be a configure option.

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/189#comment:3>