[Hackage] #253: Check for invalid operating system names

Hackage trac at galois.com
Fri Feb 29 11:17:35 EST 2008

#253: Check for invalid operating system names
  Reporter:  duncan               |        Owner:
      Type:  enhancement          |       Status:  new
 Component:  Cabal library        |      Version:
  Severity:  normal               |     Keywords:
Difficulty:  very easy (<1 hour)  |   Ghcversion:  6.8.2
  Platform:                       |
 Some packages (eg hslogger-1.0.4) have incorrect operation system names
     if !os(win32)
         Build-Depends: unix

 It's incorrect because there is no such operating system "win32", there is
 "windows" which is an alias for "mingw32".

 So we should check for these problems. At the moment the OS is just a
 String . We should decide if we want to use an enumeration or leave it
 more flexible and just warn about unknown ones.

 Checks are easy to add, see `Distribution/PackageDescription/Check.hs`

Ticket URL: <http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/253>