darcs patch: Fixed typo to make it build on Windows

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Feb 26 14:42:58 EST 2008

Hi Satoshi,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 03:08:38AM +0900, Satoshi Kodama wrote:
> Wed Feb 27 02:44:26 JST 2008  Satoshi Kodama <s.skk.skk at gmail.com>
>   * Fixed typo to make it build on Windows

Thanks for the patch! A few questions/comments:

> [Fixed typo to make it build on Windows

I think this refers to deleteFile/removeFile? There seems to be more
than one issue addressed in this patch, anyway.

> hunk ./Distribution/Simple/Utils.hs 527
> -        `Exception.catch` \err -> do
> -          exists <- fileExists targetFile
> +        `catch` \err -> do
> +          exists <- doesFileExist targetFile

I guess you're trying to fix a mismatch between the catch and the
"ioError err"? If so, I think it would be better to change ioError to
Exception.throw (or whatever the appropriate function is called).

> hunk ./Distribution/Simple/Utils.hs 685
> +-- lines' "foo\nbar\r\nbaz\r" == ["foo", "bar", "baz"]
> +lines' :: String -> [String]
> +lines' "" = []
> +lines' s = let (l, s') = break (`elem` "\r\n") s in l : case s' of
> +  _:'\n':s'' -> lines' s''
> +  _:s'' -> lines' s''

This gives
    lines' "foo\n\n\nbar" == ["foo","","bar"]

Changing the first _ to '\r' would have the meaning I think you were
going for.

Thanks
Ian