patch applied (cabal): Check for invalid UTF8 when parsing .cabal files

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 25 08:46:04 EST 2008

Mon Feb 25 05:28:24 PST 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Check for invalid UTF8 when parsing .cabal files
  This assumes a permissive UTF8 decoder has inserted '\xfffd' as a replacement
  character. We should check strictly for errors when we decode instead, though
  it's nice to do that where we have some kind of error reporting infrastructure
  which is why I've added it to the parser for the moment. The current error
  message is not too bad, as it reports the line number.

    M ./Distribution/ParseUtils.hs -8 +16

View patch online:

  http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080225132824-adfee-8765660b1b053a2e5769b1ab00eb41c5b690ed45.gz