patch applied (cabal): Use the InstalledPackageIndex rather than calling ghc-pkg in Haddock module

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 08:34:46 EST 2008

Tue Feb 19 04:50:50 PST 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at haskell.org>
  * Use the InstalledPackageIndex rather than calling ghc-pkg in Haddock module
  Previously we made two calls to ghc-pkg per-dependent package which starts
  to get very slow once you have 100's of installed packages and the package
  you're building depends on several of them. Now we use the cached information
  about the installed packages. Also refactored the code to generate the haddock
  package flags so we can export it and use it elsewhere more easily.

    M ./Distribution/Simple/Haddock.hs -47 +57

View patch online:

  http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal/_darcs/patches/20080219125050-adfee-6308f007c172f8ca0cda3c9ae0e592bf515abb5a.gz