patch applied (cabal): Detect broken and inconsistent package deps

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Tue Feb 19 08:34:43 EST 2008

Mon Feb 18 16:01:39 PST 2008  Duncan Coutts <duncan at>
  * Detect broken and inconsistent package deps
  We now check for packages that are broken due to their dependencies having
  been unregistered. We fail and print a fairly sensible message in this case.
  We also check for inconsistent dependencies and give a warning saying which
  packages are depending on inconsistent versions of a third. This is a warning
  not an error because it does not always lead to failure. Hopefully it'll help
  people who are otherwise just running into random compile errors.
  This fixes ticket #220.

    M ./Distribution/Simple/Configure.hs -2 +26
    M ./Distribution/Simple/InstalledPackageIndex.hs -2 +86

View patch online: