ranlib

Peter Gavin pgavin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:17:43 EST 2008

Christian Maeder wrote:
> Peter Gavin wrote:
>> Sorry, I should've given more information.  I'm trying to build under
>> Mac OSX 10.5, which requires that ranlib is run on vanilla libraries
>
> I think, running ranlib (after moving .ar files) is only needed on PPC
> macs (not on i386). Am I right? (I only ask out of curiosity)

Well, actually, both archs need it.  I never owned any of the PPC macs,
actually, just an intel mac.

In any case, I don't remember having this problem on 10.4, but I had a
different version of MacPorts running then also.  The 10.5 version of
MacPorts' GHC won't build on Leopard, either.  Hopefully this should fix
that.

Pete