Cabal bugs/oddities

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 04:41:52 EDT 2008

Hi

>  Definitely pushed. You're sure you rebuilt and installed cabal-install?

I just tried upgrading my work machine, cabal goes fine, but cabal-install:

[21 of 21] Compiling Main             ( ./Main.hs, dist\build\cabal\cabal-tmp/Ma
in.o )

./Main.hs:221:24:
    Couldn't match expected type `Distribution.Verbosity.Verbosity'
           against inferred type `Verbosity'
    In the first argument of `check', namely `(fromFlag verbosityFlag)'
    In a 'do' expression: allOk <- check (fromFlag verbosityFlag)
    In the expression:
        do (unless (null extraArgs))
         $ (do die
             $ ("'check' doesn't take any extra arguments: "
              ++
                (unwords extraArgs)))
         allOk <- check (fromFlag verbosityFlag)
         unless allOk exitFailure
cabal-install-0.4.6 failed during the building phase.

Thanks

Neil