cabal dependencies patch

Peter Gavin pgavin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 14:20:12 EDT 2007

Duncan requested that I post a more up-to-date version of the
dependencies based build for the upcoming Hackathon.  It still needs
some work, but the bright side is that it's a drop-in replacement for
the current build system.  I guess what still needs to be done is:

* Hugs, NHC, etc.  I don't really use anything but GHC.

* Executables - I'm thinking about writing out an in-place config file
and just using ghc --make -hide-all-packages -package-conf ...
-package ...

* Standardize some kind of structure for the build directories.  It's
currently pretty ad-hoc.

* Documentation - I meant to do this but I've been pretty busy the
last couple  weeks. The code is pretty straightforward, though.

* Finally, it needs to eventually be better integrated with the rest
of cabal. Since I decided to do it without modifying any of the other
cabal sources, I end up duplicating a lot of code in places.

Pete