Problem configuring c2hs with Cabal-1.2

Judah Jacobson judah.jacobson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:38:47 EDT 2007

I just downloaded c2hs (HEAD version) and tried to run "runhaskell
Setup.hs configure" using the ghc 6.8 release candidate (i.e., Cabal
1.2), and got the following error:

> Configuring c2hs-0.15.0...
> Setup.hs: Error: Non-empty library, but empty exposed modules list. Cabal may not build this library correctly

The .cabal file is parseable by ghc-6.6.1 (with Cabal 1.1.6.2).  It's
unclear to me whether this counts as a c2hs bug or a Cabal bug (maybe
the above message should only be a warning?), so I'm cc'ing both
lists.

Also note that regardless, c2hs will need to be updated to work with
base-2.0; when I tried ghc-6.8 with Cabal-1.1.6, I got the following
error:

> base/state/CIO.hs:71:7:
>     Could not find module `System.Cmd':
>       it is a member of package process-1.0, which is hidden

Best,
-Judah