branches and merging

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun Mar 11 18:40:21 EDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 04:37:32PM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
> Cabal has the following branches:
>
>  HEAD, in darcs.haskell.org:/cabal, used by GHC HEAD
>  1.1.6, in darcs.haskell.org/cabal-branches/cabal-1.1.6
>  GHC 6.6 branch, in darcs.haskell.org/ghc-6.6/packages/Cabal
>
> The official 1.1.6 is diverging from GHC's 6.6 version.  We should merge
> the two - Duncan would you like to take a look and see if you can pull from
> GHC's branch into 1.1.6, and then we can use 1.1.6 in GHC 6.6?
>
> Also I just noticed that Ross's patch
>
> Mon Nov 20 09:25:26 GMT 2006  Ross Paterson <ross at soi.city.ac.uk>
>   * trim trailing spaces (including CRs) from all input lines
>
> fixes #117 http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/117, and could
> easily be merged into 1.1.6.

This one sounds like it should be merged too:

Sat Jan  6 07:28:14 PST 2007  sven.panne at aedion.de
  * Set the Cabal version when building via the fptools build system

  Without this patch, Cabal is effectively "version-less" and all .cabal
  files with a version requirement are unusable. Therefore I think that
  this patch (or at least something equivalent) should be pushed to the
  6.6.1 branch, too.

    M ./Makefile -1 +2