Test Cases for Configurations

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:18:54 EDT 2007

Thomas Schilling wrote:

> it's still a little work to do, but I think I'll be able to try and use
> Cabal configurations some time next week.  Do you guys have any ideas
> what we could use as a good test case?
>
> The goal is to find out how well the current scheme applies to actual
> use cases (and if there are serious performance problems to await).

Some suggestions:

  - the base package has a lot of goop in its Setup script, I really hope
    that all, or at least most, of it can be done using configurations

  - we have a few packages that want to do conditional dependencies.  e.g.
    HGL wants to depend on either Win32 or X11.

  - IIRC, gtk2hs has a complex structure that will need a lot of conditional
    stuff in its .cabal file.  Duncan will tell you more.

  - take a look at the old discussion on libraries at haskell.org; there were
    lots of use cases discussed there.

Cheers,
	Simon