Cabal, haddock and functorm-1.0.1 problem

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Tue Jul 24 10:53:14 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 02:18:29PM +0200, Sascha Böhme wrote:
> when generating Haddock documentation of functorm-1.0.1 via runhaskell,
> no description for module Data.FunctorM is generated. However, when
> running Haddock manually and omitting to read the base interface,
> documentation is generated, although it lacks (naturally) the links to
> some elements of base. What could go wrong here? What might be the
> problem?

A manual run of haddock with the --read-interface shows the same problem,
so it's not connected to Cabal.  I think the problem is that base-2.0
contains Data.FunctorM, so functorm ought to depend on a later version
of base (which is of course not in HackageDB, but at least then it would
be correct).