Before hacking on Haddock support...

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 23 18:13:36 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 15:45 +0200, Roberto Zunino wrote:
> ...would you please review this patch? ;-)

Done!

> Sorry if I am being too pushy, but I'd want to avoid people developing
> on the "old" Haddock integration code (assuming this patch is worth
> inclusion, of course).
>
> Zun.
>
> =====
> I am sending a patch[1] for integrating Cabal and HsColour + Haddock.
>
> Here is the result of running it on the base package:
> http://www.di.unipi.it/~zunino/tmp/base/index.html
>
> The above was generated by
> ./Setup configure
> ./Setup haddock --hscolour=hscolour.css

I changed this so it's:

./Setup configure
./Setup haddock --hyperlink-source

or if you want to specify your own hscolour.css then it's:

./Setup haddock --hyperlink-source --hscolour-css=...

While I was at it I also added:
./Setup haddock --css=...
for haddock's css file.

I think hscolour should have a way to find or specify its own default
hscolour.css since at the moment we don't actually get any colouring.
We'd like by default to use hscolour's default hscolour.css.

> Requirements: HsColour >=1.8, my hscolour.css file[2] (or your own, of
> course!), darcs Haddock + a link-breaking-bug fix (already sent) + any
> version bump (required: haddock > 0.8).

I've made a couple changes so it works with the current release of
haddock-0.8. In particular I've made it use the %{MODULE/./-} variable
rather than the %{FILE///-} one that's only supported by the darcs
version of haddock.

What was that link-breaking-bug fix? Was that a fix for haddock or for
Cabal?