Should HEAD of Cabal be depending on the new library world order?

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Thu Jul 5 22:52:10 EDT 2007

Hi, all -

I just pulled a backlog of changes from the HEAD of the Cabal repo, and
now I can no longer build Cabal with ghc 6.6.1.  This makes working with
it while running GHC 6.6.1 a bit awkward, so my poor cabal-rpm tool is
stuck in a limbo where I can't easily build it except against a manually
hacked copy of Cabal.

Is there any chance that we could bless some revision of Cabal that will
compile with GHC 6.6.1, give it a name, and then go back and resplit
things in preparation for future greatness?

If people see some value in this, I can do the necessary legwork.

	<b