[Conal Elliott] Re: getting cabal to pass more info to haddock

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Fri Jan 19 20:18:07 EST 2007

Hi Isaac.  Now I see why the patch file was empty.  And after some
head-scratching about your note below, I'm glad the patch was empty.  I
hadn't noticed the --xxx-args flags for configure, and instead added a new
haddock flag.  Giving a flag to configure makes a lot more sense.

So now I have just a new pair of flags enable-use-packages &
disable-use-packages, which control whether haddock gets
automatically-generated --use-package flags.

My makefile are now performing this sort of incantation:

./setup configure --disable-use-packages --haddock-args="\

The only problem is --haddock-args ends up turning my forward slashes into
backslashes, so all of the web links are broken.

Any advice?

   - Conal