[Conal Elliott] Re: getting cabal to pass more info to haddock

Isaac Jones ijones at syntaxpolice.org
Wed Jan 17 11:55:39 EST 2007

Hi Conel.  Thanks for this!  It sounds like the ideas from your
makefile could be used for Hackage for generating nice Haddock :)

There is a general meachanism for adding --foo-args for each Program
that cabal knows about; can you use this meachanism to add --foo-arg
as well, instead of special-casing for haddock?

If you do that, can you make the help output not suck?  Currently it
does something like this:

           --ar-args=ARGS                  give the args to ar
           --haddock-args=ARGS             give the args to haddock
           --ld-args=ARGS                  give the args to ld
           --pfesetup-args=ARGS            give the args to pfesetup
           --ranlib-args=ARGS              give the args to ranlib
           --runghc-args=ARGS              give the args to runghc
           --runhugs-args=ARGS             give the args to runhugs
           --tar-args=ARGS                 give the args to tar

it would be nice to concerve lines with sometthing like this:

--ar-arg=ARG       --ar-args=ARGS          give the arg or args to ar
--haddock-arg=ARG  --haddock-args=ARGS     give the arg or args to haddock
etc

The patch you sent seemed like an empty file to me.  Maybe I'm just
being nihilistic ;)

peace,

  isaac