Why is there a cabal file at all?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Fri Jan 12 16:23:37 EST 2007

Hi Marc.

See Paul Hudak's position
paper<http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/hudak-paul/hudak-dir/ACM-WS/position.html>on
DSELs, where you'll find definition, motivation & examples.  See also
Peter
Landin <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_J._Landin>'s "Next 700" paper.
If you have questions, please ask!

BTW, I hear both "EDSL" and "DSEL", and I don't recall which is more in
vogue and what reasons are for one or the other.  Maybe Paul or someone
could comment.

Cheers,  - Conal