[Conal Elliott] Re: getting cabal to pass more info to haddock

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 18:56:50 EST 2007

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 03:04:24PM -0800, Conal Elliott wrote:
> I love this idea.  Having to specify the local interface file is a major
> defect of my solution.  I'd much rather specify just the URL for the
> external library docs.  I'd also be happy to adopt some convention about
> where to put such docs so they could be determined automatically.  Perhaps
> via indirection where necessary.  Then my per-project makefile content would
> vanish altogether.
>
> Ross: I don't understand the last remark below about my requirements differ
> from HackageDB's.

I was thinking of a single option to specify a template for the URL
(pointing at docs generated by HackageDB), whereas you'd need two
different templates for your cross-references:

	http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/$pkg/doc/html
	http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/$pkg

But we could set up a directory on haskell.org to unify those.

In the longer term, maybe some day HackageDB will be generating
something you'd be happy to use.