"Setup.lhs: hope.cabal has been changed, please re-configure."

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 09:00:06 EST 2007

> In the case of HaXml use the 1.13.3 version was updated to use the new
> split base libs but not to use configurations so it would also build
> with ghc-6.6. Hopefully we can persuade Malcolm to upload a .4 that
> uses configurations and works with both.

I have actually tried to use configurations for HaXml's cabal file, but
I'm a bit stuck.  I don't know what the library dependencies for various
older versions of ghc are, and I don't know how to find out, short of
installing several versions of ghc, upgrading their Cabal to 1.2, and
guessing dependencies until it builds.

Got any good hints?

Regards,
    Malcolm