patch applied (cabal-install): Initial attempt at command line completion

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at
Wed Dec 19 04:51:25 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 16:17 -0800, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Wed Dec 19 13:57:47 PST 2007  Lennart Kolmodin <kolmodin at>
>   * Initial attempt at command line completion
>     A ./bash-completion/
>     A ./bash-completion/cabal

Which seems to work pretty well so far. I recommend people try it.

$ source bash-completion/cabal
$ cabal <TAB><TAB>

Next step is adding a fast cabal list --simple-output so we can complete
on package names as well as commands and flags.

This is not something that we can easily get Cabal to install for us I
think since different systems put their bash completion code in
different places, but distro packages can and should install it
according to their distro policy.