Helping out

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 12 18:49:54 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 20:09 +0100, Simon (Vsevolod) Ilyushchenko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting learning Haskell (went through a couple of tutorials
> and wrote simple examples), and I'm looking for a project to help out
> with. I've been pointed at recent Duncan's request for help - let me
> know what problems (simple for now) I can work on (Easy Tickets?).

Our big list of tickets is here:
(defects grouped by priority)

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=priority&type=defect&order=priority

We're coming up to a release and one thing we'll need to do is make sure
all the commands and flags are fully documented in the user guide. This
would involve modifying the doc/Cabal.xml docbook file:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/109

Making sure cabal-install compiles with the latest version of Cabal is a
priority and should be fairly easy, there have been some api changes.
Then it's a matter of testing and seeing what still needs improving.

darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal
darcs get --partial http://darcs.haskell.org/cabal-install