Few questions

Esa Ilari Vuokko eivuokko at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 09:05:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have few more questions, I couldn't find answer on my own, even if
they mostly seem silly :-)  If there's resolutions requiring coding,
I'll try to follow up with patches.

* Are extended fields going to be part of public interface (HEAD
  Cabal doesn't warn for fields starting "x-")?

* Could we document what's allowed format/character set for file
  specified by license-file?  (cabal2wix needs to make rtf from the
  text to show it during install - I'd like to know if that's going
  to be sensibly possible.)

* Is ghc-pkg supposed to handle license-file field?  GHC documents it,
  referring to Cabal docs, but Cabal doesn't generate it for
  installed-pkg-config.  (Maybe because license file is not
  installed?)

* Are defaultMain-helpers supposed to turn relative paths from
  commandline into absolute ones?  (I ran into this problem with Alex'
  Setup.lhs, which changes working directory for copying files.)

Best regards,
Esa