Broken head

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Aug 8 19:54:08 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 04:19:29PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:

> I've just made GHC's Cabal into a branch.

FWIW I think this is a mistake. It'll make changing Cabal as part of
changes to the larger system harder, and increases the global amount of
effort necessary.

Also, I think Cabal patches would benefit from being checked with GHC's
testsuite.

I don't think that Duncan's argument that requiring validation of Cabal
patches would hamper new developers is valid, as their patches will
always be being applied by someone like Duncan, who could do the
validation.

Thanks
Ian